SPHERE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPHERE magazine's own discussion and connections forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Most Inspirational Tune

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

Most Inspirational Tune Empty
PostSubject: Most Inspirational Tune   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Stealing this idea from Dom's Facebook. He asked what everyone's most inspirational tune was so I am going to start it up on here!

Now this changes with my moods, but at the moment I am all about Red Star by Third Eye Blind because I love the imagery in the lyrics!

The police high beam froze her perfect face
In white glow for a while
The politic bureau's on high alert
And her name showed up on file
There's trouble with their war effort
And she's been speaking out
Checkpoint Charlie's radioing in
She's compromised in doubt
There's trouble with their war effort and she's crossed the party line
You were so pretty in the days you spoke your mind

You were so pretty oh
And you were so pretty oh oh
Hiding out

The files have been filled
The regime won't be undermined
You were so pretty in the days you spoke your mind

Quiet now don't make a sound
The system shut us down now we find each other in the underground
She had the voice once of the people now
She's timid as a mouse
I would kiss you on the mouth in a safe house

Because you were so pretty, oh, hiding out, hiding out
You were so pretty oh hiding out, hiding out
walk on by, we’re hiding out, hiding out
Walk on by, she’s a red star, she’s a red star

Tell me how did you let them in
We were silent secret agents
But the resistance is wearing thin
Dissent is now illegal
She must pay the consequence
In this thriller mystery baby
You are my suspense

Because you were so pretty yeah, hiding out, hiding out
You were so pretty oh hiding out, hiding out
Walk on by, hiding out, hiding out
Walk on by she’s a red star
She’s a red star
You’ve gone so far (she’s a red star) don’t back down now
You’ve gone (red star) so far don’t back down now
You’ve gone so far, don’t back down now
You’ve gone so far, don’t back down now

-M I love you
Back to top Go down
http://jupitercrash13.deviantart.com/
The Dom
Administrator.
Administrator.
The Dom

PostSubject: Definitely Hell Is For Heroes...   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:55 am

I have loads more...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spheremag.co.uk
Vivica Siren
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
Vivica Siren

PostSubject: Re: Most Inspirational Tune   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:43 am

Both very good songs - I miss 3rd eye blind - when I saw Yes Man, i was sooo sxcited to hear a 3rd eye blind song again - they're just not around much in the UK as far as i'm aware.
Sad times.

For me - What it is to burn by Finch is a song that makes me feel alive

video with lyrics:

as youtube believes it is bad to let people in England watch official music videos.
URGH.

[/rant]

I also find Marilyn Manson's Mechanical Animals album very inspirational as a whole for it's social and political commentary.
Back to top Go down
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

PostSubject: Re: Most Inspirational Tune   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:12 am

Saw third eye blind a few weeks ago at a festival near where I live. It was a pretty good time except for all the drunk people throwing things... which is one of the more irritating things about americans at outdoor shows. They think it is permission to get way too rowdy. But the band sounded good. They didn't play Red Star though which is what I really wanted to hear.
-M
Back to top Go down
Vivica Siren
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
Vivica Siren

PostSubject: Re: Most Inspirational Tune   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:28 am

I think at any festival - American or not - you get people getting rowdy - drunk and sober! Especially when it comes to the kind of music we like to listen to and watch live - i was hit with bottles countless times this weekend at Download festival and crushed a few times when i was at the front watching bands because of people moshing. It's mainly a case of you have to expect that when you get nearer the front of a gig - if you don't like it, unfortunately it's better (and safer) to stay at the back.

For me, getting close to the front at gigs is something I love to do and although i've never thrown a bottle or started a circle pit, I do think it's all part of the experience - nobody is going to go to a metal or industrial gig and stand still at the front - you might as well just buy the dvd if you want that.
Back to top Go down
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

PostSubject: Re: Most Inspirational Tune   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 pm

I was trampled at Woodstock 99 so I learned my lesson about entering the front of a crowd, I no longer do that sort of thing. I know that a certain level of drunken and sober rowdiness is to be expected at any show, especially a large outdoor event. But I think that people should have a little more respect for others who are there to enjoy the music too, not all of us want to get hit with bottles and splattered with beer. I have no delusions about ever being at a show where people don't make complete asses out of themselves though, it comes with the territory so I will plow on. On the rare occasion I have been to a show where the band has actually refused to go on until the crowd settled down and those were the more pleasant shows I have been to because they made the audience feel accountable for their own actions and realize that potentially injuring others is not acceptable behavior. The Offspring did that when I saw them and it did help quite a bit that they insisted that everyone be pleasant while they were on. Third Eye Blind also made a point of trying to get people to stop throwing things, especially when the lead singer almost got hit by a bottle. I really just will never understand that kind of behavior I guess.
-M
Back to top Go down
The Dom
Administrator.
Administrator.
The Dom

PostSubject: Re: Most Inspirational Tune   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:21 am

I just get Helen to go to the front for me...

I stand at the back looking cool.

I agree with you on Finch Helen, that one takes us both back to Spiders!!

I also have to give it to these tunes. Not really for the lyrics just the sounds...these tracks have got me through so harsh (yes, even I have them) times....

Any thoughts...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spheremag.co.uk
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

PostSubject: Re: Most Inspirational Tune   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Placebo is always great, not really familiar with the others, will have to sit and give them some more though!
-M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Inspirational Tune   Most Inspirational Tune Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Inspirational Tune
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPHERE :: Archived posts.-
Jump to: