SPHERE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPHERE magazine's own discussion and connections forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Phantom of the Paradise

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

Phantom of the Paradise Empty
PostSubject: Phantom of the Paradise   Phantom of the Paradise Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Occasionally I stumble on something amazing filmwise that isn't very well known. For anyone who has not seen it, I highly recommend looking into Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise. Fantastic film from 1974 combining A Portrait Of Dorian Grey, Faust, Phantom of the Opera, and Othello into one crazy movie. Basic premise is that a composer has his music stolen by an evil record producer and is framed for drug dealing. He escapes from prison and is presumed dead, which thus leads him to become the phantom of the Paradise (rock club owned by the evil record produce) where he begins to terrorize the performers. Attaching a video with the song from the closing credits over clips from the film I sadly could not find it the way it was in the film. Enjoy!

-M

ps. please let me know if you have any cool cult films etc you would recommend too!
Back to top Go down
http://jupitercrash13.deviantart.com/

Phantom of the Paradise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPHERE :: Archived posts.-
Jump to: