SPHERE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPHERE magazine's own discussion and connections forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Muse Single

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:25 am

Wondering if anyone else has listened to the new Muse single Uprising? Any thoughts? A lot of people have said it sounds different and that they weren't into it, but I thought it was fantastic, they seem to just keep evolving for the better in my opinion at least. Let me know what you all think!
-M:bounce:

Back to top Go down
http://jupitercrash13.deviantart.com/
Vivica Siren
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
Vivica Siren

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:17 am

That's the first time i've heard it... and in all honesty it does sound like they've been listening to the back catalogue of the 80s and watching way too much Dr Who... but i like it - i can see it fitting in well with The Wendyhouse tracklist and i can see myself dancing to it, so yeah - not their best, (Personally I love supersonic black hole or sunburn) but it's pretty good, and deinfitely Muse

(And whoever produced this is a godsend - they got rid of Matt Bellamy's horrific breathing into the mic habit!)
Back to top Go down
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:43 am

I never noticed the breathing, I am going to have to go back and listen for that now lol. I've been listening to the single and it is growing on me more and more, I wasn't sure at first. I personally always loved Knights of Cydonia best, always go for the drama lol. I think the new album is going to be good though, I am looking forward to its release.
-M
Back to top Go down
Vivica Siren
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
Vivica Siren

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:01 am

haha - if you haven't noticed matt's breathing on previous songs, you're lucky haha! especially in plug in baby and stuff like that... i actually couldn't listen to muse for 2 years because it annoyed me so much!! other people don't seem to mind though...!!
Back to top Go down
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:26 pm

See I also listen to a lot of the cure and Robert Smith very intentionally mouth breathes into the mic so I am probably immune now. I spend most of my time being angry at Matt Bellamy for having more talent in his pinky toe than I have in my whole body lol. I spent many years in serious vocal training and can not even begin to touch what he does.
Back to top Go down
Vivica Siren
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
Vivica Siren

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:08 am

oh for some reason i never minded Robert Smith's mic breathing! It was just Matt Bellamy's was painful to my ears - but yes, he is awesome and i've now got over it so i can actually listen to his music again (which for the most part is brilliant)
Back to top Go down
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:59 am

went back and listened to some older Muse and you are definitly right, I just never gave any thought at all to the breathing. lol. It kind of comes with the territory when you sing like he does since he gets pretty operatic, that requires a lot of air and he doesn't give himself much breathing room either. It definitly does seem to get better on more recent recordings though. I'm kind of surprised that no one really tried to mix it off the older albums.
-M
Back to top Go down
Vivica Siren
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
Vivica Siren

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:43 am

i know - i would have LOVED that person if they did haha!
maybe they were just going for a more raw sound back then...?!
Back to top Go down
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:54 am

Since most of the songs they have done are frantic the world is ending stuff they might have thought it added to the dramatic efect, who really knows though.
-M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Muse Single Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Muse Single   New Muse Single Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Muse Single
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPHERE :: Archived posts.-
Jump to: