SPHERE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPHERE magazine's own discussion and connections forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favourite Anime???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrus Crashtest
Administrator.
Administrator.
Cyrus Crashtest

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:14 am

No, I DON'T mean 'Manga' - I am purely reffering to the animated series, movies and OVA releases...

Right now I realy cant figure out my ersonal favourite... but I'm sure some discussion will soon get my rant-gland flowing again! cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/coalitionofsonicterrorism
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:09 pm

That is hard if I have to narrow it down to one, I presume we are speaking strictly of Japanese animation? I would have to go with Vampire Hunter : Bloodlust if I must chose one, but Vampire Hunter D and Akira are both in my top choices as well.
-M What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://jupitercrash13.deviantart.com/
DigitalEcho

DigitalEcho

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:31 am

This is where my old grey matter fires into life!!! Personal faves include, Akira, Ghost in The Shell, Dominion Tank Police, Fist of The North Star, Vampire Hunter D and Legend of The Four Kings (shown as a mini series on Channel 4 ages ago)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/revault
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:01 am

I saw one on tv once that sadly i don't remember the name of that was hilarious. All it was about was a robotic life support machine deciding it was the wife of the old man it was caring for and running away with him. Seeing a film of millitary tanks chasing a robot with an old man strapped into it yelling about how no one could take away their love may be the funniest thing ever... I don't think it was meant to be though.
-M Razz
Back to top Go down
Cyrus Crashtest
Administrator.
Administrator.
Cyrus Crashtest

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:40 am

jupiter_crash13 wrote:
I saw one on tv once that sadly i don't remember the name of that was hilarious. All it was about was a robotic life support machine deciding it was the wife of the old man it was caring for and running away with him. Seeing a film of millitary tanks chasing a robot with an old man strapped into it yelling about how no one could take away their love may be the funniest thing ever... I don't think it was meant to be though.
-M Razz

Thats by Otomo Katsuhiro (the guy that wrote drew and directed AKIRA).

It's either called 'Domu' or 'Memories' - can't remember which!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/coalitionofsonicterrorism
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:45 am

Cyrus Crashtest wrote:

Ah stellar, been wondering about that forever! Add that to the list of things to watch again. I'm very distressed to find that the Godzilla film I have been trying to find for ages is the only one not available on dvd, hopefully I will not have a similar heartbreak with this...
-M
Back to top Go down
DarrenIndeed

DarrenIndeed

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Cyrus Crashtest wrote:
jupiter_crash13 wrote:
-M Razz

Actually it's called 'Roujin Z'. It's a favourite of mine =]
Back to top Go down
thegreatBJ

thegreatBJ

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:13 am

hahahaha I'm a bit too soppy for anything with explosions and tanks in it... although I do have to say akira is one of the best animes ever made... just not my personal favourite

that would have to be laputia castle in the sky I watched that and cried because I'd never be able to experiance watching it for the first time again... mind you I have bought a series called Holic recently and got annoyingly addicted to it (especially as I can't find series one part 2 anywhere)

I find anime fits into 3 categories:

explosions, tanks, planes, robots or something of that kidney and there's only one person who can control some ultimte thing... sometimes they involve time travel too, although I'm not sure why

old japanese and sometimes western legends, for example vampires, witches or magic... sometimes they involve hunting said things... sometime being drawn in by them

and lastly and ultimately... a slightly wimpy boy with no luck with the ladies suddenly comes across something female shaped and naked and has to take her in and look after her leading to funny situations in which he meets mny other beautiful women but somehow still manages to be compleatly wet even when all of these beautiful women are throwing themselves at him (the list of this type is endless but includes "oh my godess" (naked godesses turning up out of the blue) "tenchi Muyo" (sp?) (not so naked alien princesses and very cute space ships coming out of nowhere) "Hand Maid May" (very small female robot housemaid thing turns up... fully clothed but he has to undress her to plug in the charging thing... can you guess where?) "chobits" (naked persicon found in the trash... poor boy has to switch her on and once again guess where the switch is?)... it goes on)

right... that's my dissection of anime done with
Back to top Go down
jupiter_crash13
Magazine Contributer.
Magazine Contributer.
jupiter_crash13

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Incidentally for anyone who is into anime I came across a 4 episode series called Pet Shop of Horrors which is pretty interesting, I guess it is actually a few chapters from a manga series, but they are very creepy and awesome. Youtube is hosting the episodes for anyone interested in seeing them. I do recommend it. It is listed under shows in the animation catagory, third page I think.
-M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favourite Anime??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Anime???   Favourite Anime??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Anime???
Page 1 of 1